The daily Grooming sessions involve various aspects to look on! You are done with the up-to-the-minute hairstyling, finest wardrobe collection, unique accessories, intensively fragrant deodorants, sleek and trendy footwear, but oops! You are still not ready with the nails.
Are you still struggling with those brittle, cracked, and not-so-well-maintained nails? Well! Then here is an informative guide, where you will acquire the following knowledge for Strengthening Weak Nails-:
- Reasons that triggers Nails to Weaken
- Different kinds of Nail Infections
- 7 Steps to strengthen weakened nails
REASONS THAT TRIGGERS NAILS WEAKENING
Undoubtedly, there are numerous reasons for your question concerning weak nails. But, there are only two primary reasons: Water Loss and Excessive Water Contact.
To the same line, it implies- when nails are in contact with water for long, it can make the nails soft and brittle. Conversely, if there is a loss of moisture or hydration in the nails, it can conclude dry and frail nails. Therefore, washing clothes, dishes, and other activities that include affecting nails should be done while taking the utmost care.
Other Primary Reasons that Prompts Nails Weakening:
- Iron Deficiency: Brittleness in nails due to lack of iron is also termed as koilonychia (spoon nails). This nail condition occurs when the tacks are not fed satisfactorily with iron.
- Nail Biting: If you have a habit of biting nails and that too excessive, then change this habit from today itself! Nail Bitting weakens the nails, and they tend to break easily.
- Age: The most usual and normal reason that weakens the nails is the growing age. Indeed, the fingernails get thin and weaken, whereas toenails turn thicker and harder.
- Hypothyroidism: It is a condition where the thyroid gland doesn’t produce many vital hormones. Further, it can make the nails fragile and easily breakable.
- Raynaud’s syndrome: A condition with less blood flow to the hands and feet because of blood vessel contractions.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF NAIL INFECTIONS
Several reasons can affect nail health, strength, and, most evidently, nail appearance. Here are some main Nail ailments/issues that cause you discomforts:
- Onichoschizia: Thin, Brittle, and Split Nails
- Onychomycosis/ Tinea Unguium/ Fungal Infection: Yellow/ Discolored Nails
- Nail Psoriasis: Yellow or Brown Crumbling Nails
- Ingrown Nails: Red, Swollen, Soreness, and Pus on the nail bed
Onychogryphosis: Yellowish-Brown thickened Nails
BEST SEVEN WAYS TO STRENGTHEN THE NAILS
Beautiful, thick, and strong nails are a sign of good health. Fortunately, here are 7 ways and habits to help strengthen your Nails in no time:
- Minimize water exposure – Too much water contact to your nails makes them brittle and weak. You need to put in place measures that reduce the contact time between water and your nails when washing or bathing. You can wear gloves for this matter while washing utensils.
- Take Biotin supplements –Biotin, otherwise known as vitamin B-7, and vitamin H is among the B vitamins. It is soluble in water; therefore, it is not stored by the body. This implies that you have to consume it daily. They can assist with strengthening your nails and hair as well as the nervous system to operate well. One can take the Hautvit tablet supplement daily for healthy and strong nails.
- Drink plenty of water –Ensure that you stay hydrated by drinking enough water on a daily basis. It is essential for one’s health; besides that, it helps to care for your nail’s health. Lack of adequate moisture in the body marks brittle nails that peel and break easily. Intake of enough water makes keep your nails moisturized and be strong.
- Healthy diet –Sticking to a healthy diet is one of the key ways to strengthen your nails. A diet with minerals and multivitamins is a good one for you. Foods such as blueberries have antioxidants that protect body cells from damage. Leafy greens have iron needed for nail strength, while Magnesium-rich almonds help in smoothening your nails vertical ridges. The calcium in dairy helps in their growth. Other crucial foods for maximum nail health include coconut oil, vitamin D, and also you can incorporate fish oil.
- Always keep nails short –This is because the longer they are, the more likely it is for your nails to break, chip, crack and split. This compromises their strength. Furthermore, it is easier to maintain the appearance of shorter nails.
- Give your nails a break –Even though nail enamels make our nails look nice, we sometimes need to give them a rest to allow our nails to breathe. The use of polish constantly, even the nontoxic ones, can weaken your nails. After wearing it for a while, remove using an acetone-free polish-remover and let them stay polish-free for a few days. This is very key for the strength and the overall health of your nails.
- Choose your nail products carefully –Many nail polish removers, acrylics, and nail polishes comprise harsh chemicals that result in nail thinning, dryness, and brittleness. It would be best if you avoid acetone nail polish remover & soaks acrylic nail glue and gel polishes at all costs. Instead, look for acetone-free polish-removers as well as nontoxic nail soaks and polishes.
TAKE HOME A MESSAGE
Beautifying nails is a part of daily styling. Therefore, it is essential to have an eye on what product you are using, your diet, and other such facts mentioned above. And then, you go with strong, pretty, and tidy nails!