Beautiful, thick, and strong nails are a sign of good health. Fortunately, there are ways and habits to help strengthen them in no time:
- Minimize water exposure – Too much water exposure to your nails makes them brittle and weak. You need to put in place measures that reduce the contact time between water and your nails when washing and bathing. You can wear gloves for this matter while washing utensils.
- Take Biotin supplements – Biotin otherwise known as vitamin B-7 and vitamin H is among the B vitamins. It is soluble in water, therefore, it is not stored by the body. This implies that you have to consume it on a daily basis. They can assist with strengthening your nails and hair as well as the nervous system to operate well. One can take Hautvit tablet supplement daily for healthy and strong nails.
- Drink plenty of water – Ensure that you stay hydrated by drinking enough water on a daily basis. It is very essential for one’s health besides that it helps to care for your nail’s health. Lack of adequate moisture in the body results in brittle nails that peel and break easily. Intake of enough water makes keep your nails moisturized and be strong.
- Healthy diet – Sticking to a healthy diet is one of the key ways to strengthen your nails. A diet with minerals and multivitamins is a good one for you. Foods such as blueberries have antioxidants that protect body cells from damage. Leafy greens have iron needed for nail strength while Magnesium-rich almonds help in smoothening your nails vertical ridges. The calcium in dairy helps in their growth. Other crucial foods for maximum nail health include coconut oil, vitamin D, and also you can incorporate fish oil.
- Always keep nails short – This is because the longer they are, the more likely it is for your nails to break, chip, crack and split. This compromises their strength. Furthermore, it is easier to maintain the appearance of shorter nails.
- Give your nails break – Despite the fact that polish makes our nails look nice, we sometimes need to give it a rest to allow our nails to breathe. The use of polish constantly, even the nontoxic ones can weaken your nails. After wearing it for a while, remove using an acetone-free polish-remover and let them stay polish-free for a few days. This is very key for the strength and the overall health of your nails.
- Choose your nail products carefully – Many of nail polish removers, acrylics, and nail polishes contain harsh chemicals that result in nail thinning, dryness, and brittleness. It is highly advisable you avoid acetone nail polish remover, acetone soaks, acrylic nail glue, and gel polishes at all costs. Instead, look for acetone-free polish-removers as well as nontoxic nail soaks and polishes.