Who doesn’t love long and healthy hair? Everyone Right! But when it comes to the question – how to maintain long and healthy hair – few know how to do it! That’s fine if you are seeking the answer to this question because we are here with the best and great tips on maintaining your long and healthy hair.
It’s normal to lose 100 to 150 strands of hair a day, so don’t panic when you see a small bunch crawling across your tiled floor. But when you start observing more hair fall, your hair is asking for more attention.
In this article, you will learn
- Five basic tips for maintaining healthy hair
- Five basic tips for maintaining long hair
- Simple secrets to have a healthy and long hair
FIVE BASIC TIPS TO MAINTAIN HEALTHY HAIR
If you want to hold beautiful and healthy hair forever, make sure you take these basic tips into account:
- Do not Comb wet hair: Combing when the hair is wet requires extreme care because they’re fragile and prone to breakage. Take a broad toothed comb and run it from the roots to the ends of your hair as gently as possible. Surprisingly, most of us get some of the most straightforward and most basic hair care regimes wrong. Make sure you understand the importance of shampooing and conditioning, and do it right! It is best if you don’t comb wet hair; let your hair be dry, comb later on. Let’s be polite with our hair.
- Do not forget to trim the hair: It is one of the vital thumb-rule that is required to follow to maintain healthy hair. Trim your hair every few weeks to get rid of those brown and rough split ends. Cut about 1/4th an inch of your hair every 6 to 8 weeks to avoid the split ends to grow out again. If you won’t trim timely, they grow weak over time and slows down the hair’s growth.
- Washing Care Routine: Wash your hair at least twice or thrice a week. Don’t wash your hair every day and whenever you do, apply some conditioner on the ends. Try and use the same brand of shampoo and conditioner. Rinse the conditioner off with cold water as it is suitable for both strength and shine. If you have gotten the best shampoo, no need to try or switching another shampoo for a change; it might not suit you- so why do experiments!
- Don’t rub the hair with a towel: When you shampoo your hair, make sure you follow some basic don’ts rule, like – don’t ever rub your wet hair with a towel because that causes split ends. What you can do is to wrap the hair using the towel and soak the water, or else you can use your old t-shirts (soft cloth) to do so.
- If you’ve got dry hair, then it’s best to avoid colouring.
FIVE BASIC TIPS TO MAINTAIN LONG HAIR
- Scissor is your friend: Yes, you’ve heard us right. Trimming your hair regularly is extremely important. Damaged hair, especially split ends, will never let your hair grow, so make sure you keep your hair in shape and trim it regularly.
- Watch what you eat: Have a balanced diet with a minimum of eight glasses of water. Hydration plays a crucial role in hair growth. It also helps in retaining the sheen of your hair. Make sure you get enough iron, calcium, protein, zinc, selenium, B Vitamins, and other essential nutrients every day. Flaxseeds, other nuts and seeds, green leafy vegetables, and green tea are great for hair growth.
- Lifestyle factors: Smoking, excessive drinking, obesity, and other lifestyle factors can affect your health, thereby adversely affecting your hair growth. These can induce hair fall. Exercise regularly and keep your mind stress-free. Lifestyle factors include.
- Hot showers are a BIG NO-NO: Tepid or lukewarm water is fine for washing hair. It opens up the cuticles of your hair, facilitating proper absorption of essential oils and nutrients via your conditioner or hair mask. You will have to give a final rinse of cold water to close the cuticles and seal in all the nutrients. Hot water, on the other hand, strips your hair off all essential oil and nourishment making it dry, dull, and frizzy. Also, never wrap your hair in a towel; it can induce damage. Do not comb wet hair. The best way to dry your hair is to leave it open, drying on its own.
- Protect it, nourish it: Get your basic hair-care regime right. Apart from this, make sure you don’t skip conditioning. Deep condition if needed. Go for hair spas; say no to colouring or styling. You can go to a parlor to have a hair-do on a special occasion, but don’t do it over and over again – it weakens the hair strands!
- Combing: It is very important to comb your hair (but do not overdo it). Combing is an excellent way to exercise your scalp and induce blood circulation. Opt for wooden combs over plastic ones, which create static energy that can cause a weak hair strand to fall off. Also, use a wide-toothed comb and run it from bottom to top of your hair.
SIMPLE SECRETS TO HAVE A HEALTHY AND LONG HAIR
Did you know – your kitchen has everything you need to maintain your hair long and healthy? Yes, it has! Let us see these Super-foods that ensure keeping the overall hair healthy-
- Onions – You can apply onion juice to your hair to maintain its shine and overall health!
- Eggs – Apply the egg mask to have long and healthy hair
- Honey – honey with aloe vera provides hydration to the hair follicles and uphold the health of overall hair
As mentioned in the section of basic tips for maintaining healthy hair, the right hair care product is much needed to have beautiful hair. SALVE PHARMACEUTICALS introduces the best ways to have shiny and healthy hair
- HAIRVITAL Shampoo – Hairvital Shampoo comprises the whole thing your hair needs. It is an exclusive BI-Phase formula-holding cleanser & conditioner in the same bottle. It provides synergistic benefits of vitamins A, C, and E. It is best suitable for healthy and long hair, and if you are experiencing hair loss – this shampoo controls your hair loss.
- K2 ZOLE Shampoo – We have K2 Zole Shampoo, too – this shampoo is best suitable for those who experience itchy scalp, Seborrheic dermatitis condition, and acute dandruff issue. We also have other hair care solutions; if you have hair-related problems, you can contact our support team to ask further!
TAKE HOME A MESSAGE
Though many beauty and hair experts have called the act of oiling redundant, it doesn’t harm your hair anyway. Massaging stimulates blood circulation on the head, facilitating hair growth. You can use a range of oils (castor oil, olive oil, almond oil, coconut oil, mustard oil) and get a head massage done; it is de-stressing as well.
There we are – reaching the bottom of this page; the aforementioned is all about providing the best tips to maintain healthy and long hair. Hope you would have loved this article!